Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tomorrow I begin working with my small group of 3 boys in 1st grade on phonemic awareness.  I am excited to be working with the neediest kids.  I have been told that these 3 are quite busy and can be a challenge.  Time will tell.

I will also begin working with a group of 4th graders on math skills.  Specifically we will work on lines, rays, parallel lines, perpendicular lines and counting by 3's and 4's.  This group will larger than the 1st grade group.  Optimum size for an RTI  group is 5 students, but this group has 7.  I am going to begin with a YouTube video on parallel lines.  Music often helps children to memorize facts and I'm hoping this video will work its magic on these 7.

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved using music, rhyme, and chant with all subjects to help children learn and keep them engaged.

    ReplyDelete