Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today I was trying to assemble one of the RTI kits we got from the 95% Group.  It seemed like a relatively simple job, separate the perforated pieces, sort them and put them into a storage box. I also have to assemble the storage box and add sticky labels for each lesson.

The first thing I wondered was where exactly do I put the labels?  The dividers have ridges like corrugated cardboard with no window in which to apply the sticker.  If I place the label in the bottom I will obviously be unable to read which skill level is in the box.  There is no other obvious place to put the label.  I also have to decide where exactly to place the divider.  Thus far I haven't a clue.  Everywhere I have placed them has been wrong, I've moved them more than once, and I'm pretty certain they're still not in the correct place.

One would think that sorting the cards would be easy since each card clearly has a skill level on it as well as a set number.  Except, when you sort them and think that you have all of one set, you discover, nope you don't.  There are so many different shapes and sizes of manipulatives it is hard to know how to sort them and where to put them.

Even more frustrating, or perhaps more comforting, is the fact that I am not alone in this endeavor....2 other staff members are also trying to figure out how to organize these materials and they're having no more better luck than I am.  Hopefully we will get it figured out soon.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a gifted young five student can do for it. Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete