Saturday, January 28, 2012

How do you weigh the needs of one vs many?  That is the question I've been asking myself for the past few days.  Lately I've been questioning if what I am doing is enough.  I feel like there is not enough time in the day/week/year to meet the extreme educational needs that I deal with on a daily basis.

I give the 4th grade RTI students a pre-test on the skills that we will be working during our morning sessions.  I give a post test...and see that some kids are still confused.  So now these kids have had direct instruction in a general ed classroom and struggled with the concept.  They have been pulled into small group learning, taught the skill/concept with much more hands on and visuals and they're still confused.  Now what?  Hit it again or move on? Of course we will hit it again and the clock keeps ticking.

1 comment: