Thursday, October 27, 2011

Today I met with my principal to set my work goals for the school year.  I have chosen to learn more about RTI and work with the 1st, 2nd and 4th grade classes in an RTI model.  I am excited to be working with all the different grade levels.  


I'm excited to be working with 1st and 2nd graders to improve their reading skills.  Our school is working with the 95% Group to learn the methods needed to intervene with the children who are needing some type of support during reading.  I think the most exciting part thus far is that we will be helping all kids not just the lowest, highest or average kids.  


I will be helping 4th grade discover how to intervene in the area of math.  We are beginning with basic multiplication and division facts.  I am somewhat frustrated by the 4th grade team.  I need to help them understand what RTI is and why we need to do it on a regular basis.  Sometimes it's difficult to move from what you've always done into something new, and I realize that, but having to drag someone kicking and protesting all the way is exhausting.


Finally I will be keeping this blog to document my journal and incorporate technology into my learning.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that not everyone is/was excited about RTI. Change can be difficult and scary, but RTI sounds like a great program. We have to remember that as teachers we need to be selfless, flexible, team players, do what is best for children and put children first.

    ReplyDelete